FREE LD product

FREE LD product
FREE Giraffing Out Aloud Product worth $40+ when you open a LD account

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Bee Happy Card


I have got to tell you this is such a simple card, but so much fun to make, using digital papers from the latest LD Bees Knees paper pack with my Pazzles Inspiration cutting machine.

Get the Pazzles Inspiration, the most comprehensive cartridge-free electronic die cutter available, for as little as 99 dollars down.


I designed my card using the Pazzles Studio Pro software.  I imported the hexagon svg file and took out the fill/colour.  I also added the svg sentiment to my card.  Then, I selected the colour picker tool to match the colour of 'happy' with the outline on my hexagon.  I didn't need to prepare any registration boxes for Print & Cut as it was just as easy to print using my printer,then use my paper trimmer to cut around the black outline defining my card front.  Please note that, I cut the card front out once I had adhered all the hexagon pieces. 

Hopefully this will make sense by the end of my blog post!


Here, is how I prepared to print my digital papers.  On this occasion, I didn't want to use an A4 sheet of paper so I selected 13 x 8cm as seen in the above screen shot.


Here is the digital paper coming off my printer.


I then used my paper trimmer to cut to size.


I laid the digital paper onto my cutting mat.


I cut out several hexagons.......


........so that I could make several more cards using a similar design.


Now the fun part.....play around placing the papers where you want on the design!


I am really pleased how this looks and have saved my pennies from purchasing metal dies!  The patterns and combinations you can use are numerous!

Give it a go, I guarantee you will have fun with this one :)

Supplies:-
Canon Printer (printing the digital papers)
Pazzles Cutting Machine – Inspiration Vue
LD Bees Knees Paper Pack (for the paper designs)
LD Bees Knees Cut It Set  (for the sentiment and hexagon)


*****


$99 Craft Room Vue 468x60

9 comments:

  1. This is simple but stunning, thank you for the step by step guide I'm new to electronic cutting and I need all the guidance I can get :-)

    Kathy BIF x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great card. I don't use a machine like yours but I like that it would be easy to replicate with stamps and/or punches.
    Cara - BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! I didn't know the printer [well I have HP] can to A2 printouts of 'different' colors. I'm going to have to try that! TFS :)
    Hugs and Blessings,
    KimberlyRae
    BIF today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this, so simple but very effective. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hi :) & I am now your newest follower.
    Hugs
    Teresa Ceesa's Card Creations
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and simple! Love! TFS from BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial Joanna, I love the fact that I can use my stash of LD files!

    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, the hexagons are gorgeous! BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great card! Hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea so I can use up some of my scraps!!

    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete